Sirui P424S Carbon Monopod
The Sirui P424S Carbon
…is the creme de la creme of video monopods. Period.
The build quality of this kit is simply exceptional, it’s packed full of
cool features, and overall is light for its size. The feet are very long
making the unit steady and suitable for a camera with a zoom lens the size
of a Nikkor 17-55mm f2.8… something you would never imagine doing on a
similar Manfrotto monopod for example.
The system breaks down allowing you to use a ball head (not included) and
feet without the monopod pole. You can also remove the feet and use it as
a normal photo monopod. Options include an extra top plate and a spike if
you want to use it in soil or grass. And it all comes with a very cool
What more could you ask?!
You can get one here: (eBay link)
Open Length: 1900mm
Closed Length: 765mm
Min Leg Diameter: 25
Max Leg Diameter: 36
Max Support Weight 12Kg
*Thanks Dave for the corrections!
Sigma 35mm f1.4 ART (Nikon)
A small review of the Sigma 35mm f1.4 ART lens for Nikon.
Sigma has come a long way. That’s for sure. The stepped up their game a while ago and it has paid off.
To the point actually that it makes you think if Nikon & Canon hold back on their designs..
What’s to like:
- Built quality
- Feel in the hand
- Extended focus range for MF
- Accurate focus
What i don’t like
- It show fingerprints due to the satin finish of the metal
- Kind of slow to focus, it can cause to miss something important
New AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR
So, after ten years Nikon updates the pinnacle of 24-70’s out there.
Current 24-70mm is a great lens, with some flaws, but still great.
- Blazing fast focus
- Very very sharp
- Good handling
- Standard 77mm filter mount
What’s not good:
- Front portion expands
- Slight distortion at 24 & less at 70mm
- Quite long due to the minus element design, but gains at barrel diameter
- Due to the N coatings, the lens cannot be serviced, only exchanged at Nikon for a new one + difference
- Build quality is very good but from personal experience is a very sensitive lens if it gets knocked around (which it will if you are a working photographer)
So, what the new boy brings to the table?
- First and foremost, VR!
- Faster focus speeds (It was crazy fast already!!)
- New optical design
What i like:
- VR, obviously!
- Faster Auto focus (faster is always better)
- I hope they fixed that slight distortion at 24mm
What i don’t like:
- Front element still expands
- 82mm filter
- Even heavier
- Even longer
Until we have some hands on, that’s it for now…
Press Release Photos: